10% Of what we see on the internet are ads


After several months of using the Pi-Hole ad blocker on my home network, I have reviewed the statistics, and I was quite surprised.

I use an iPhone for my day to day, and I have DNS configured to work with Pi-Hole, so these results are based on a person using an iPhone, but since the Ads providers and the applications that I use are for Android as well, I would think the stats would be the same or very similar for an Android user as well.

About 10% of internet traffic and bandwidth is used to load ads on my phone, I wouldn't have imagined how much but that's the way it is, and I have to admit that not all Ads are listed here, those on Facebook or Instagram aren't Pi-Hole blocks them therefore they are not reflected, if they were taken into account I would believe that the percentage would reach 15%.

These graph data are daily, but I review this graph daily and very similar statistics appear every day, varying by 0.4% more or less.

I hope that this information has been curious to you, because for me it is too much, and I think that this number will grow.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Android/Java: Crear un SplashScreen para nuestra aplicaciĆ³n

Android/Java: Video de fondo en nuestro Login

Solve SecurityError: localStorage is not available for opaque origins React Native